Riders will qualify automatically for the UCI TCL based on their performance at the preceding UCI Track Cycling World Championships. The following athletes will qualify:
SPRINT – top 6 in each sprint type:
- Sprint (6 riders)
- Keirin (6 riders)
ENDURANCE – 3 medalists from each endurance event:
- Elimination (3 riders)
- Omnium (3 riders)
- Scratch (3 riders)
- Points (3 riders)
The remaining places will be allocated from the following criteria:
- Performance in the previous UCI TCL and during the 2022 season including UCI Nations Cup events and European Championships.
- The leading UCI ranked riders on 1st September (in Sprint, Keirin, Elimination and Scratch).
- Riders selected at the discretion of UCI TCL who may not be able or eligible to attend the World Championships.
- 6 riders in each category will be pre-qualified prior to 1st September.
- All other riders will be invited to register for the UCI TCL to be placed on the entry list. Riders will be advised to race the World Championships to secure one of the guaranteed qualification places.
- At the World Championships the 12 riders who qualify according to the official criteria will be offered a place in the UCI TCL.
- If any pre-qualified riders occupy those places, or a non-pre-qualified rider achieves more than one of those places, then the places will be awarded to the next-best qualifiers of each event.
- Any spare places will be filled from the entry list at the discretion of the UCI TCL.